Chocolate Chip-Coconut Teacakes
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sifted confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Cream the butter until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer. Add sugar and mix well. Add vanilla and mix. Slowly add flour; mix well. Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips, mixing well. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets (I DO line mine with parchment paper). Press each cookie with your thumb to flatten slightly.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until edges just start to turn golden. Transfer to racks and dust with powdered sugar while still warm. Cool completely. They may be stored in an airtight container for about a week.*
*Good luck getting them to last that long….although they do taste better if you can make yourself wait a day for the flavors to develop.
These make WONDERFUL Christmas and Valentine’s Day gifts. They are simple to make and they store well.