I love muffins. Here is the recipe for one of my favorites.
- 2 eggs (I use Omega-3 enriched)
- 1/4 cup shortening (I use Spectrum non-hydrogenated)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk (preferably organic)
- 2 cups bran (I used wheat bran, but you can also use oat bran)
- 1 cup organic Spelt flour
- 1 cup organic whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
In a medium mixing bowl, combine: eggs, shortening, molasses, milk and bran. Add dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Fill tins 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes.
Makes approx. 18 standard muffins.